Sunday, November 13, 2016

Opportunity

Each semester always seems to look so different. If I had one word to describe this season with it would be “opportunity.” There have been so many ways I have been able to volunteer. These experiences have brought about areas in which I have learned so many new skills and been able to grow both in character and skillset.
At the beginning of the semester I decided that I would volunteer at the kindergarten across the road from me on Monday afternoons, begin a social work internship on Tuesdays, assist with crossing guard at the nearby academy on Tuesday and Fridays, and assist at the academy on Thursdays through being the receptionist/admin assistant. These different opportunities have drawn me near the LORD. Meeting with widows who are in such vulnerable positions, in my social work internship, to the kids that come into the principals office throughout the afternoon; the LORD has such a care for each of these demographics. I have been so thankful for the Word this semester as I learn how to handle each of these situations. The LORD has been so faithful to meet me in that! He has provided me with people to train and supervise me in a way that I can grow in each of these positions. 
These opportunities have also been so beneficial to me especially as I narrow down an area in which to focus my work. As a child I wanted to be a teacher, when I graduated high school I was interested in social work, and here recently I have been encouraged by so many people in my life, that I am gifted administratively. Taking all of this into consideration along with the different things that were put on my heart during my trip to the Philippines, I have begun to narrow down what it is that I want to focus on. Currently I am using my administrative skills in many different areas but my goal is to begin focusing them more specifically into the realm of social work. I’m super excited for what the LORD is doing and look forward to seeing the ways that these opportunities expand!

No comments:

Post a Comment